Speaking Studio at Cowles Library, Room 19, Lower Level
This room is designed for presentation or speech practice.
- It is not a production studio. Note that external noises are likely to be recorded along with your voice.
We do not provide a computer in the room, bring a laptop if you wish to display PowerPoint, Keynote or other media.
- HDMI and VGA connections are supported. The Library has common adapters for checkout.
- You will also need your laptop if you wish to take your recorded session with you.
- The Library does NOT provide adaptors for tablet computers or smartphones. You'll need your own adaptor that provides an HDMI or VGA connection.
We provide assistance in setting up equipment and in transferring your session to your computer.
Your DRAKE email address is required to schedule the room.
- You will receive a confirmation email.
- You must confirm your reservation by following a link in the email within 30 minutes or it will be cancelled.
Individuals may reserve a maximum of 2 time slots per week up to two weeks in advance.
The Library may end any appointment early if, in our judgment, the room is not being used for its intended function.